A dental implant is really a very simple metal screw which is designed to thread into the bone of the jaw and to allow for the attachment of a (prosthetic) tooth at the top. Teeth Implants are made of Medical grade Titanium or Titanium Alloy. Your dentist will purchase the implants in sterile packaging and place them in a small hole in the bone which he or she has prepared as part of the implant placement procedure. The bone will fuse to the implant over a short period of time in a process referred to as ‘osseointegration’ and once this process is successfully completed (3 to 6 months) the implant is permanently in place.
Advantages of Implants
- Dental implants are stronger, more durable, and more natural than their restorative counterparts (bridges and dentures).
- Implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss.
- More attractive appearance.
- Great comfort.Don’t need to drill into the teeth on either side.
- Helps prevent bone loss due to tooth removal.
- Greater ability to chew food.
- No cream or adhesives.
- Not having to take out at night.
- Not overnight soaking in a glass.